Director of Business Development – Economic Development
Charged with growing the local economy through the attraction and recruitment of new companies and assisting growth of existing companies. In search of an expert sales professional with a consultative approach and the ability to both analyze the data for target industries and quickly build rapport with prospects. This person will lead external recruitment, site consultant relationships, familiarization tours and local business support.
Essential Job Functions:
- Refine target sectors through SWOT analysis
- Leverage our existing companies to generate recruitment project leads
- Monitor industry trends and competitive markets
- Increase efforts to develop relationships with top office site location consultants in the US
- Support local brokers in their recruitment efforts
- Serve as a leader on behalf of Williamson County in regional and state-wide development planning efforts
- Support existing company growth
- Bachelor’s degree and 2+ years of professional experience in Economic Development, B2B sales or real estate. Equivalent combination of training and experience is acceptable.
- Ability to plan, develop and coordinate economic development programs; ability to prepare technical reports and materials; ability to make oral presentations; ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with fellow employees, officials, businesses and the general public; ability to maintain records and prepare reports.
- Strong business acumen
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Proven record of cultivating, building and developing relationships
- Must be able to travel and capable of working on multiple projects/initiatives simultaneously.
About Williamson, Inc.
Williamson, Inc. is both the Chamber of Commerce and Economic Development office, which together provide unparalleled access to education, leadership development, relationship-building and up-to-the-minute information about doing business in the country’s fastest growing county for the last 5 of 6 quarters. Williamson, Inc. Economic Development is the single point of contact for the coordination and facilitation of the continued development of the economy of Williamson County and its six municipalities.
Our culture is a driving force behind our productivity and success. New candidates will be assessed on their presentation of core team values.
Our Team Values:
How to Apply:
If you believe your qualifications meet the listed requirements and are interested in applying for this position, please submit a cover letter and resume by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only candidates selected for interview will be notified.
This position reports directly to the Chief Economic Development Officer.
No calls, please.