As a division of the Heritage Foundation, the Downtown Franklin Association is taking part in Preservation Month this May. The DFA is celebrating the places that matter in downtown by hosting Shop Local Week in downtown Franklin from May 5th – 11th and the Historic McPhail Building Open House and Ribbon Cutting on May 7th.
This Place Matters is a national campaign during Preservation Month that encourages people to celebrate the places that are meaningful to them and to their communities. Visitors and residents alike love celebrating what’s unique about a community, and Franklin’s historic downtown is the gold standard of Main Street communities in Tennessee, with a variety of shops, restaurants, services and historic sites.
Shop Local Week is a way to celebrate the places that matter to the Franklin and greater Williamson County community. Participating downtown merchants will be offering special discounts, pop-ups and exclusive offerings during the week. The following downtown Franklin businesses are participating in Shop Local Week:
- The Registry– 347 South Main Street
- The month of May will be a Juliska gift-with-purchase event. If a customer spends $200 on Juliska merchandise, they will receive 4 acrylic Isabella tumblers and an acrylic Isabella pitcher. If they spend $350 on Juliska merchandise, they receive a Berry and Thread white melamine tray, an acrylic Isabella berry bowl as well as the tumblers and pitcher.
- Kelly Spalding Design– 915 Columbia Avenue
- Kelly Spalding Design is having their 8th anniversary party on Thursday, May 9th from 4:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m. Receive 15% off the entire shop (excludes local art). There will be food, cocktails, door prizes and gift with purchase of $50 or more. The first 25 people in the door receive a goody bag, retail value $75. They will also offer 15% off any one item Tuesday, Wednesday & Friday if you mention Shop Local at checkout.
- Twine – 304 Public Square
- During Shop Local Week Twine will be offering 10% off all retail bought in store. Check out one of their newest exclusive Twine Graphics designs, The Tristar with Flowers.
- Walton’s Antique and Estate Jewelry – 410 Main Street
- Walton’s Jewelry is offering 10% off to any customers who mention Shop Local Week when they come in to purchase.
- Aubree P. Boutique – 117 3rd Avenue North
- Aubree P. Boutique is offering 15% off all apparel and accessories (excludes jewelry) during Shop Local Week.
- John Green Insurance– 118 4th Avenue North
- John Green Insurance will give a $50 donation to the Heritage Foundation on behalf of anyone who allows John Green Insurance to provide a coverage review of their home or business insurance policy. Absolutely no obligation or purchase is required.
Other participating businesses include:
- Our Thrift Store – 1018 Columbia Avenue
- Craft Love – 107 Confederate Drive
- Savory Spice Shop – 324 Main Street
- The Cellar on Main – 344 Main Street
- Yarrow Acres – 424 Main Street
- The Juice Bar – 232 5th Avenue North
- Gray’s on Main – 332 Main Street
- O Be Joyful – 328 Main Street
- Winchester Antique Mall – 121 2nd Avenue North
- Rock Paper Scissors – 317 Main Street
- Riverside Antiques – 144 Bridge Street
- Gin-O – 118 4th Avenue South
- Gallery 202 – 202 2n Avenue South
- Carnton/Battle of Franklin Trust – 1345 Eastern Flank Circle
- Carter House – 1140 Columbia Avenue
During Shop Local Week, the DFA, in partnership with Williamson Inc., will also be hosting the Historic McPhail Building Open House and Ribbon Cutting on May 7th. From 10:00 – 11:30 a.m. stop by the little brick building known as McPhail and get a glimpse of one of downtown Franklin’s oldest structures during this open house event. Built in 1815, the McPhail building has served as a doctor’s office, Union army headquarters and law office. It also has housed the visitors’ center and Early’s Honey Stand. Meet Main Street Director Jill Burgin and enjoy refreshments outside.
For more information about Shop Local Week, visit DowntownFranklinTN.com.