What is a Speakers Bureau? A speakers bureau holds a database of contacts/businesses from diverse fields. This collection of business leaders is dedicated to sharing their industry and business expertise by going into schools to speak with students about post-secondary and career choices. The speakers bureau team makes the connection and introduction between the speaker and teacher, and supports both parties throughout the process of booking and logistics. Speakers will provide classroom support for scope and sequence.
Advantages to the Employer:
- Develops a good community-school relationship.
- Provides students and teachers with local labor market data.
- Encourages young adults to stay in Williamson County.
- Aids students in accepting civic responsibilities within the community.
- Contributes to the stability of the local work force.
- Contributes to the total economic growth of the community.
- Reduces drop-out age by providing relevant connections between the school and the business world.
- Enables the employer to become an active participant in the programs of Williamson County Schools.
- Provides expertise involved in the recruitment, hiring, training, and skills needed in your industry.
- Establishes a convenient transition from student to post-secondary or full-time employee.
- Increases your company’s visibility.
- Provides students with a positive role model.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Completion of comprehensive training provided by the Williamson County Schools and Williamson, Inc.
- Follow Williamson County Schools safety guidelines and procedures for visitor parking, sign-in and sign-out.
- Be aware of the objectives and standards for course scope and sequence.
- Provide engaging and relevant information to the audience.
- Complete a follow-up evaluation about your experience.