In 2004, the Patricia Hart Society began a program called, “Full Tummies, Warm Hearts”. Since then, sponsors have provided a Thanksgiving meal for almost 6000 families. These families were identified by their partner agencies and school systems. Last year, with your help, food was provided for 720 families, a total of 3,016 individuals.
If you would like to participate again this year or have friends interested in participating, please complete the sponsor form. Forms must be received by United Way no later than Wednesday, September 20, 2017.
The form can be turned in one of three ways:
- Scanned and emailed (preferred) to: email@example.com (with Full Tummies, Warm Hearts in subject line)
- When your form is received, you will receive a reply stating it has been received
- Via fax to: Pat Hansberry – 771-6878 (with fax cover indicating # of bios faxed)
- Mail to: United Way of Williamson County, 209 Gothic Court, Suite 107, Franklin, TN 37067
As always, thank you for your generosity and for all you do for our community throughout the year.
Suggested Contents for Plastic Container
- Gift Card – Minimum $30.00 (with activation receipt attached)
(Gift cards will be used by the family to purchase perishable items including: turkey, bread, etc. PLEASE REMEMBER: Rolls and bread will mold.)
- Green Beans
- Potatoes (BOXED – NOT FRESH)
- Stuffing Mix
- Sweet Potatoes/Yams (CANNED)
- Cranberry Sauce
- Other canned vegetables
- Drinks (Box of tea bags, Crystal Light, Kool-Aid, etc.) NO TWO LITER BOTTLES, please
- Boxed Desserts (Check bio – if diabetic, please purchase sugar free dessert)
- Books, stuffed animals, crayons, etc., for children
- Small games or movie passes for teens
- Socks, big print books for elderly
- Snacks for later in the day
- Thanksgiving/fall decorations (dish towels, pot holders, etc.)
- Anything age appropriate for your family to liven’ up your container
- Please NO CINNAMON BROOMS because of allergies
SENIOR CITIZEN CONTAINERS:
Typically, this population lives in a single or couple-only household. We have been asked over the years what is best for them. We have compiled this list of suggestions:
- Extra money on the gift card for specialty needs
- 3 or 4 lb. canned ham
- Canned chicken or tuna
- Snacks – Popcorn, peanut butter, individual snack pies, snack cakes, etc. (no chocolates)
- Individual servings of juice (NO GRAPEFRUIT which can interact with some meds)
- Meals from food aisles that can be prepared in microwave (NOT REFRIGERATED OR FROZEN)
- Progresso Soups
- Paper goods (tissues, toilet paper, etc.)
- Lotion, soap, hand sanitizer, etc.
- Stamps, Prepaid phone cards
BEFORE CLOSING YOUR CONTAINER
- Gift Card MUST BE visible when container opened (taped to inside top corner of container)
- If you have multiple containers for 1 family, LABEL BIO SHEETS 1 of 4, 2 of 4, etc.
- Are copies of Bio sheets attached to both inside AND outside container?
- CAN ONE FEMALE LIFT YOUR CONTAINER?